Do you know what's on your 2018 ballot?
Vote FOR all six constitutional amendments on the November ballot!
Below is a list of the constitutional amendments to be voted on in November. All of these amendments are beneficial to our state and county. To learn more about each amendment, follow the links below to get more details about what each bill really means.
- The Right to Hunt and Fish - Constitutional amendment protecting the right of the people to hunt, fish, and harvest wildlife.
- Marsy's Law - Constitutional amendment to strengthen protections for victims of crime; to establish certain absolute basic rights for victims; and to ensure the enforcement of these rights.
- Legislative Appointments to Elections Board and Commissions - Constitutional amendment to establish a bipartisan Board of Ethics and Elections to administer ethics and election laws, to clarify the appointment authority of the Legislative and the Judicial Branches, and to prohibit legislators from serving on boards and commissions exercising executive or judicial authority.
- Judaical Selection for Midterm Vacancies - Constitutional amendment to implement a nonpartisan merit-based system that relies on professional qualifications instead of political influence when nominating Justices and judges to be selected to fill vacancies that occur between elections.
- Income Tax Cap - Constitutional amendment to reduce the income tax rate in NC to a maximum allowable rate of 7%.
- Voter ID - Constitutional amendment to require voters to provide photo identification before voting in person.